This is a spicy dish because I am using bird’s eye chillies, you can make it less spicy by replacing with just red chillies.
- 5-6 yellowtail scad fish or ikan selar
- 10 bird’s eye chillies or cili padi, grounded
- 5-6 shallots, grounded
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt & Sugar to taste
- Cooking oil for frying
- Coat the fish with salt and turmeric powder and deep fry till crispy. Set aside.
- Reduce the oil in the wok to half.
- Mix the grounded chillies, shallots and turmeric powder together and fry the paste in the wok. Fry till the paste is cooked and oil has float to the surface.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. Next add the fried fish into the wok and mix well. Once well combined, transfer the coated fish to be served.